Book Your MOT in Bryn,Wigan
The MOT Test at Bryn Motor Company
The MOT Test looks at many parts of your car to ensure they meet key legal requirements at the time of test. The MOT Test will make sure:
- The body and vehicle structure is free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas and there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury.
- The fuel system has no leaks and the fuel cap fastens and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened so be sure the key is available.
- The exhaust meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, depending on the age and fuel type of the vehicle.
- The exhaust system is secure, complete, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
- Seat belts are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seat belts must be in place.
- Seats are secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position.
- Doors latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- Mirrors are in place, in good condition and secure.
- The brakes are in good condition and the operation and performance (efficiency test) is satisfactory. Note the removal of the road wheels is not part of the test.
- The tyres and wheels are in good condition, secure, of the correct size and type and tread depth is sufficient. Spare tyres are not inspected.
- The registration plates are in good condition and secure and that the characters are correctly formed and spaced.
- The lights are in operational condition and secure. Headlamps are tested for aim.
- The bonnet securely latches in the closed position.
- Wipers and washers operate to give the driver a clear view ahead.
- The windscreen is in good condition and the driver's view of the road is clear.
- The horn operates correctly and is of a suitable type.
- Steering and suspension are of a satisfactory condition and operation.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN) is on vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1980. Not more than one different VIN is displayed except on multistage build vehicles.
Call Bryn Motor Company and book your MOT now.
Seamless! Fantastic service, beautiful car. Thank you Paul.
VERY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
This review is all the more valuable because I normally avoid making reviews and filling in questionnaires, however I have received such good and professional service when taking two cars, an XC60 and a 120d sport for routine service on the same day I have been moved to publish this review
I have just purchased my 4th car from Paul and Fred. As always, excellent service and no doubt the same fantastic service going forward for anything I need. I wouldn’t buy a car from anywhere else any more nor would I take my car anywhere else. Hard to find good, reliable and trustworthy mechanics, but Paul, Fred, Alex and the rest of the staff are all that and more. I can’t speak highly enough of them!
I have just purchased my 4th car from Paul and Fred. As always, excellent service and no doubt the same fantastic service going forward for anything I need. I wouldn’t buy a car from anywhere else any more nor would I take my car anywhere else. Hard to find good, reliable and trustworthy mechanics, but Paul, Fred, Alex and the rest of the staff are all that and more. I can’t speak highly enough of them
First class service as always. Polite,friendly and helpful staff. All work professionally completed to your satisfaction. I have dealt with this company for many years and will continue to do so. Thank you Bryn Motors nice to do business with you.
Absolutely excellent dealership to buy a car from. I recently bought a Nissan qashqai +2 and cannot fault Bryn motor company. Not only did he deliver my vehicle to leeds but he told me the key was stiff and to keep an eye on it. When it turned out it needs a new ignition barrel, despite it not being covered on his warranty he agreed to cover the cost anyway. Totally blown away by this guys honesty and generosity. Restored my faith in human kind